Upon request, Connections Beyond Sight and Sound can provide training and consultation (also referred to as technical assistance or TA) to families, classroom teachers, special education teachers, paraprofessionals, related service providers, administrators and other educational team members who work with students (birth to 22) with a combined vision and hearing loss via on-line or face to face contact.
Trainings may focus on the needs of an individual on the child count.
Topics may include:
- Impact of DeafBlindness
- Importance of Routines
- Cortical Visual Impairment
- Educational programming
- Orientation and Mobility
- Curriculum development
- Emergent Literacy
- Other topics as requested
- We must have parent/guardian consent before we can provide services.
- We can only provide in-direct services. We cannot provide direct services due to the type of funding supporting the project.
- We cannot take on mediation or advocacy roles of any kind. Doing so would violate grant and federal requirements to provide services to all parties involved. Our role is to provide child focused services. We are a neutral party at all times.
Please complete the CBSS Referral Form located on the Technical Assistance (TA) and Training page if you are interested in receiving support.
Introduction to DeafBlindness webinar, 50 minutes, https://elevates.marylandpublicschools.org/introduction-to-deafblindness/